IANS-C Voter Governance Index
- 19 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel is the best performing Chief Minister in the country according to the IANS-C Voter Governance Index released on October 18, 2021. Baghel has got the highest popularity rating among all the Chief Ministers.
- Releasing its survey report, IANS has said that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has got this popularity due to the welfare schemes being run in the state.
- According to IANS, Bhupesh Baghel has started several welfare schemes in Chhattisgarh, including providing free education to children studying in private schools who have lost parents/guardians to COVID-19. The Chhattisgarh government is bearing the cost of education of such children under the 'Mahatari Dular Yojna'.
- According to NITI Aayog's SDG India Index Report-2020-21, Chhattisgarh is the top performing state in India on the gender equality parameter of the Sustainable Development Goals. NITI Aayog tracks the progress of all states and union territories on 115 indicators.
- Last year, Chhattisgarh scored 43 on the gender equality parameter and was ranked seventh in India. This year, Chhattisgarh scored 61 and topped the charts.
- Yashwant Deshmukh, Founder, C Voter said, “People have liked Chief Ministers who have decision-making abilities and have CEO-like style of work.”