Host Madhya Pradesh won 13 Medals in Khelo India Boxing
- 06 Feb 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On February 4, 2022, In the Khelo India Youth Games 2022, the host Madhya Pradesh won 2 gold medals in the Boxing Championship and finished second in the overall championship with a total of 13 medals.
- In the Khelo India Youth Games 2022, host Madhya Pradesh won a medal including 2 gold, 4 silver and 7 total of 13 bronzes in boxing. Yogeshwar Dutt and Malika Mor won gold medals for Madhya Pradesh. Haryana 8 gold, 5 silver and 2 bronze medals including won 15 to become overall champions.
- Boxing championship matches were played at Tatya Tope Nagar Stadium in Bhopal. 60-63.5 kg in the boy's category. In the final of the weight category, Yogeshwar Dutt of Madhya Pradesh won the gold medal by defeating C Moiramgathm of Manipur. Pakwa Tav of Arunachal Pradesh and Bhubaneswar of Uttarakhand won bronze medals.
- In the girls' category, Malika Mor gave Madhya Pradesh a gold. Malika Mor won 45-48 kg. In the final match of the weight category, she defeated Bhawana Sharma of Haryana and won the gold medal. Aanchal Shukla of Uttarakhand and Sanjana of Delhi won bronze medal.
- In boys' category, Ayush Yadav won 71-75 kg. In the weight category, Haryana's Deepak had to face defeat. Tejaswi from Punjab and Rahul Singh from Manipur won bronze medals.
- 51-54 kg. In the final of the weight category, Rudrajit Singh of Madhya Pradesh lost to Ashish of Haryana and had to settle for a silver medal. 50-52 kg. In the final of the weight category, Madhya Pradesh's Kaifi was defeated by Devika Ghorpade of Maharashtra to win the gold medal. In the girls' category for Madhya Pradesh, Vinti won 70-75 kg. She won the silver medal in the weight category; she was defeated by Haryana's Muskan in the final.
- In the boys' category, Abhishek Tomar won 63.5-67 kg. In weight category, Prashant Khatana won 67-71 kg. In weight category, Rishabh Sikarwar won 75-80 kg. Won bronze medal in weight category. In the girls' category, Khushi Singh won 60-63 kg. In weight category, Bhumi Singh won 54-57kg. In weight category, Radhika Jatav won 48-50 kg. Won bronze medal in weight category.a