5th Helicopter & Small Aircraft Summit to be held at Khajuraho
- 24 Jul 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
The 5th Helicopter and Small Aircraft Summit will be jointly organized by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of Madhya Pradesh, Pawan Hans Limited and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) at Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh on July 23, 2023.
- The theme of the event is 'Reaching the Last Mile: Regional Connectivity through Helicopters and Small Aircraft'.
- The event will be inaugurated by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation and Steel Jyotiraditya M. Scindia. The format of the programme consists of an inaugural session followed by a technical session.
- The aim of the summit is to enhance the expansion of the UDAN scheme in remote and hilly areas.
- The broad objectives of the summit are:
- To provide a common platform for all industry stakeholders and policymakers to discuss the growth story of the Indian helicopter and small aircraft industry.
- Increase the coverage of the UDAN scheme in remote and hilly areas and expand rural to urban connectivity of the country.
- To promote helicopter and small plane connectivity by providing seamless services at existing and potential tourist hotspots.
- Helicopters and small aircraft play an important role in India's transport ecosystem. Civilian helicopters contribute to better access, especially to remote areas, offering tremendous tourism potential, and allowing travellers to experience beautiful landscapes and cultural sites in unique ways. Other roles of the helicopter service include emergency medical services and disaster management during floods, rescue operations, etc.
- Similarly, small aircraft, business and leisure provide efficient and convenient transportation options for travellers, enhance regional air connectivity and promote the search for lesser-known destinations. The aviation and tourism industries mutually benefit from each other, promote employment opportunities and promote economic growth throughout the country.
- The Summit is taking place at a crucial time when the Indian civil aviation industry is undergoing a paradigm shift. This sector has now become the need of the hour not only for India but for mankind all over the world because it always brings with it two important multipliers - the economic multiplier and the employment multiplier.
- The 5th HELI Summit will bring industry stakeholders together to engage and collaborate with policymakers to implement competent and prudent decisions that will further expand India's civil aviation industry.