Heli Services will Start at Three More Places in Uttarakhand
- 13 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 12, 2023, Uttarakhand Civil Aviation Secretary Dilip Jawalkar said that in order to gradually increase the scope of Heli Services in the state, the state government has now decided to run Heli services to three more places.
- Civil Aviation Secretary Dilip Jawalkar said that under increasing the scope of Heli Services in the state, now preparations are being made to connect Dehradun with Nainital and Joshimath and Haldwani with Munsyari.
- Out of this, two Heli services will operate from Dehradun, including Dehradun to Nainital and Dehradun to Joshimath Heli Service. Apart from this, there is a plan to start Heli service from Haldwani to Munsiyari, finding it suitable for Heli service.
- He said that aerial tour of the valleys of Devbhoomi, which is important from the point of view of tourism and pilgrimage, is now becoming easier and easier. In order to attract tourists, the government is continuously expanding Heli services. In this sequence, new helipads are also being built in the state.
- Secretary Dilip Jawalkar said that the central government's 'UDAN scheme' has an important role in expanding Heli services in the state. Under this scheme, Heli services are being operated from Dehradun to Chinyalisour, Dehradun to Gauchar, Dehradun to Tehri, Dehradun to Srinagar, Dehradun to Almora and Haldwani to Pithoragarh.
- It is known that Heli services are being operated from Dehradun to Kedarnath and From various places of Chamoli district to Kedarnath and Hemkund Sahib.