Haryana Right to Service Commission
- 17 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Haryana Right to Service Commission on May 16, 2022, taking action in respect of delay in issue of ration cards during the period from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 in matters relating to Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, decided to impose a fine of Rs 10,000 in the matter.
- The Haryana Right to Service Commission was constituted by the state government vide a notification issued on July 31, 2014.
- The Commission is a statutory body constituted under Sections 12(1) and (2) of the Haryana Right to Service Act, 2014.
- The Commission will consist of 1 Chief Commissioner and a maximum of 4 Commissioners, who will oversee the effective implementation of the Haryana Right to Service Act, 2014.
- The HRTS Act, 2014, has empowered people to make the most of the services in a hassle-free, transparent and time-bound manner through an effective service delivery mechanism.