Switch To Hindi
Har-ki-Pauri Corridor on the lines of Kashi Vishwanath
- 27 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On February 26, 2023, Vinay Shankar Pandey, District Magistrate of Haridwar, the religious city of Uttarakhand state, said that on the lines of Kashi Vishwanath Corridor, Haridwar's Har-ki-Pauri Corridor will also be developed, whose construction work is expected to start in 2024. For this, the Cabinet has given constitutional approval.
- District Magistrate Vinay Shankar Pandey said that the work of the corridor will run in five different projects.
- He said that RFP (Request for Proposal) has been formed to develop the corridor. The mechanized body is finalising the works of the corridor. Soon a consultant will be appointed to develop the corridor and the design and planning of the corridor will be done by the consultant. After this, the DPR of the corridor will be made.
- Vinay Shankar Pandey told that after the preparation of the DPR of the Har-ki-Pauri corridor and before developing the corridor, discussions will be held with Shriganga Sabhavyapar Mandal, sadhus, akhadas, media and social workers in Haridwar. Work will start after consultation.
- The District Magistrate said that the main purpose of making the corridor is to make Haridwar beautiful, not to devastate the people. Encroachments will be demolished to develop the corridor.
- He said that there are three routes to reach Har-ki-Pauri. People reach Har-ki-Pauri via Bhimgoda, Upper Road and Motibazar. Work will be done to improve both the condition and direction of these routes.
- There are plans to develop Har-ki-Pauri, Kankhal, Satikund, Sanyas Road, Bhupatwala area, Bharat Mata Mandir area, Mansa Devi temple, Chandi Devi temple etc. for the corridor.
- A lot of work will be done in the Har-ki-Pauri area. Electrical and water evacuation will be done underground. Fountains and landscapes will be built in place.