Greenfield Airport in Lalitpur
- 03 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- The cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister on September 2, 2021 approved the construction of a greenfield airport in Lalitpur district on the Uttar Pradesh-Madhya Pradesh border.
- After the meeting, Cabinet Minister Siddharth Nath Singh said that the government has taken this decision in view of the Drug Park being set up in Lalitpur and the Defense Industrial Corridor being developed in Bundelkhand.
- He said that there was an airstrip of the second World War era in Lalitpur, which would be developed as a green field airport.
- In the first phase, this airport will be prepared for landing of small aircraft and later it will be developed as an international airport.
- For the establishment of the airport in Lalitpur, a total of 91.773 hectares of land will be purchased from two villages there. The total cost of the land is Rs 86.65 crore.
- The Defense Ministry has 12.79 hectares of land, which the state government will take for the project and in return the same amount of land of the village society will be given to the Defense Ministry.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had announced the construction of this greenfield airport during the launch of the Bandai Dam project in Lalitpur in March 2021.