Green Area Reserved for Commercial Activities in Cities with Population of More than Five Lakhs in Uttar Pradesh
- 14 Oct 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On October 12, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Additional Chief Secretary (Housing) Nitin Ramesh Gokarn said that green areas along with transport cities, economic zones, industries and business activities will be reserved in cities with a population of more than five lakh.
- Transport cities will be arranged in the comprehensive mobility plan for these reserved areas, the width of roads in markets and colonies will be fixed.
- In the economic zone, space will be reserved for small-scale industries and business activities as well as offices of the corporate sector. These facilities will be provided for green infrastructure as well as transit-oriented development.
- The concerned development authority will reserve these places by marking them in the master plan. The central government will give Rs 50-50 crore separately to develop facilities in these cities.
- Additional Chief Secretary Nitin Ramesh Gokarn said that in the existing master plan, space will be reserved by incorporating these facilities and three facilities will have to be given in these four-
- Facility of 40 buses per one lakh population.
- Multistory parking as well as EV charging facility.
- Transport plans of densely populated and old areas.
- The place of food street will be reserved in the economic zone.
- The Central Government has mandated three of these facilities. Based on this, space is to be reserved for these facilities in the master plan.
- These facilities will be provided in the first 19 cities of Uttar Pradesh, which have a population of more than five lakh, including Lucknow, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Kanpur, Agra, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Aligarh, Jhansi, Firozabad-Shikohabad, Rampur, Saharanpur, Mathura-Vrindavan, Hapur-Pilkhuwa and Shahjahanpur.