A Grand Memorial Costing Rs 100 crore will be Built in the Memory of the Brave Queen Durgavati.
- 19 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 18, 2023, during his stay in Jabalpur, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that on October 5, on the 500th birth anniversary of Rani Durgavati, the Bhoomi Pujan of a grand memorial will be done on the land of Madan Mahal at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
- This grand monument will be a symbol of the bravery, valor, service, good governance and glory of Queen Durgavati and will keep the memory of the queen alive for ages.
- The Chief Minister said this while addressing the people on the martyrdom day of the tribal leader of the 1857 revolution, Raja Shankarshah and his son Kunwar Raghunath Shah, organized at the Veterinary Ground during his stay in Jabalpur.
- The Chief Minister said that the immortal revolutionary Raja Shankarshah and his son Kunwar Raghunath Shah did not accept the slavery of the British and raised the trumpet of struggle against them. Fearing his bravery and bravery, the British put him in front of the cannon and blew him up.
- The Chief Minister said that Martyrs' Day is being organized every year on 18th September by the state government to remember the sacrifices of tribal heroes.
- Referring to the bravery story of Queen Durgavati, the ruler of Gond Empire, the Chief Minister said that Rani Durgavati had established a huge empire with her bravery and strength, which includes Madan-Mahal, Garha Mandla, Singrampur. He also fought bravely against the Mughal ruler Akbar and sacrificed his life but did not accept the subordination of the Mughals.