Switch To Hindi
Government to Re-create Workers' Board in Uttarakhand
- 11 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On August 10, 2022, Uttarakhand Labor Secretary R. Meenakshi Sundaram informed that the state government is preparing to re-constitute the Uttarakhand Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- The Labor Secretary said that due to the dissolution of the Workers' Board, new welfare schemes are not being started for the workers. Since, the decision on these is taken by the board itself, so the government is preparing for the formation of the board again.
- At present, the workers are getting the benefits of old schemes in the board, but no new scheme is being made for their welfare. After the formation of the board again, about 4.5 lakh workers will start getting new gifts.
- It is worth mentioning that in the year 2017, Labor Minister Dr. Harak Singh Rawat was looking after the responsibility of the chairman of the board. On the instructions of the then Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, in October 2020, the government removed Harak Singh Rawat from the post of chairman and formed a new board under the chairmanship of Shamsher Singh Satyal.
- Satyal was removed by the current Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, re-dissolving the board on September 30, 2021. Since then the Board is being operated with the Labor Secretary as the ex-officio Chairman.