Government servants to get the 4th Pay Scale after 35 years of service
- 16 Aug 2023
- 3 min read
Why is News?
On August 14, 2023, the State Government of Madhya Pradesh has issued orders regarding the payment of fourth time scale pay scale to the members of 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' categories of civil services of the state on completion of 35 years of service period from the date of first appointment in the government service.
- According to the order of the state government, such government servants, who have received the benefit of three promotions/promotions/time scale pay scale from the date of appointment by direct recruitment in government service, will be eligible for the fourth time scale pay scale on completion of 35 years of service from 01.07.2023 or later.
- The service period for the fourth time scale pay scale of the State Government servant will be calculated from the date of taking charge of any direct recruitment post under the State Government through a competitive / selection examination.
- In order to get the benefit of a higher pay scale, the government servant will be required to fulfil the qualifications that are prescribed for promotion as per the departmental service recruitment rules.
- Such officers/employees of such cadre of the state government, who have the benefit of the timely pay scale under the specific scheme, will be required to obtain a separate order from the Council of Ministers to get the benefit of the scheme.
- If any cadre is receiving a pay scale equivalent to or higher than the fourth time scale pay scale prescribed as per the Addendum-।, then they will continue to receive the pay scale of the current level received.
- Under the fourth time scale pay scale for the members of the civil services of the state of Madhya Pradesh, the Madhya Pradesh Pay Revision Rules 2017 (as per the seventh pay scale) are Matrix Level Class-A First Class, Class-B Second Class, Class-C Third Class, Executive and Secretarial Services and Class-IV.