Switch To Hindi
Goddhoia Drain and Ramgarh Tal
- 08 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On November 7, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the restoration of Goddhoia Drain and Ramgarh Tal worth Rs 474.42 crore and sewerage scheme Zone C Part-II, schemes worth Rs 561.34 crore under Gorakhpur Development Projects.
- It is worth mentioning that Goddhoia Nala in Gorakhpur City was earlier a natural drain, which has been filled with silt as a result of sewage fall and encroachment. For this reason, there is a situation of waterlogging in various areas around here.
- Keeping this in mind, a project for renovation and interception diversion and treatment of Goddhoia Nala/Drain and Ramgarh Tal has been prepared. Under the project, 38 MLD sewerage coming out of 44300 houses will be treated.
- In this, RCC retaining wall will be built on both sides of the drain and sewerage line will be laid on both sides of it. A sewerage treatment plant will be built near it and a boundary wall will be constructed.
- The project will provide relief to around 2.2 lakh families living within a 9.7-km radius of Goddhoia Drain from floods and water-borne diseases. Apart from this, the facility of sewerage treatment plant will be developed keeping in mind the facilities of the population of the year 2025. Rs 561.34 crore will be spent on this. In this, connections will also be given to 43963 houses while laying sewerage lines.