Generic Medical Stores in all Panchayats of Jharkhand
- 22 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 21, 2021, on the instructions of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Additional Chief Secretary, Health Department, Arun Kumar Singh directed the Directorate of Medicines to prepare a proposal to open generic medical stores in all the panchayats of the state.
- The expenditure on these generic medical stores will be borne by the National Health Mission fund. On the proposal of the Directorate of Medicines to open medical stores, the consent of the campaign director NHM will also be taken.
- With the opening of generic medical stores, Villagers will not have to wander in every panchayat of the state for minor diseases, medicines for fever, cold, cough, diarrhea etc.
- These generic stores to be opened in the panchayat will have about 100 types of medicines. These medicines will be available to the patients free of cost.
- Pharmacists will not be required to operate these stores. Only such medicines will be kept, which after training, the health officer of the Panchayat level will be able to give. The list of such drugs is being prepared by the Drug Administration.
- Medicines available for Jan Aushadhi Kendra will also be available at these medical stores which are opened at Panchayat level. Its operation will be under the control of Panchayat representatives. It will be inspected by the Civil Surgeon and District Officer from time to time.
- Notably, the total number of Gram Panchayats in the state is 4402. 32,623 villages come under them. Many times the patients suffering from malaria, diarrhea etc. are not able to get medicines on time, due to which the patients die. In such a situation, if the State Government accepts this proposal of the Health Department, then proper treatment of minor ailments, fever, cold, cough, diarrhea etc. will be done in the Gram Panchayat itself.