Formation of Powerlifting Association in Palamu
- 18 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- According to the information received from the media on March 15, 2023 the sports lovers of Palamu have together formed an association in Palamu district of the state for powerlifting, as one of the oldest sports of India
- The association has been named as Palamu District Powerlifting Association and Sanjay Ranjan Singh (IPS officer) has been appointed as chairman of Palamu District Powerlifting Association, while Anand Kumar Singh Buchun has been appointed as Vice chairman, Rathin Bhadra as General Secretary, Deepak Chatterjee Bui as Joint Secretary and Raja Bagchi was appointed as Treasurer.
- After the formation of Palamu District Powerlifting Association, Jharkhand Power Lifting Association has given its recognition. Now this organization will be able to do other corrective work independently from organizing tournaments for the players under it.
- General Secretary Rathin Bhadra of Palamu District Powerlifting Association said that with the coming into existence of this association today's youth, who give importance to physical discussions and want to do something in this field, will get an organized platform.
- Chairman of the Association (Sanjay Ranjan Singh) said that very soon Palamu District Powerlifting Competition will be organized under the aegis of the association. After this, national junior and sub-junior category tournaments will also be organized in collaboration with Jharkhand Power Lifting Association.