Flag off of 520 Mobile Veterinary Unit & launch of Toll Free Helpline-1962
- 27 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 26 March 2023, Union Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Minister Parshottam Rupala and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off 520 mobile veterinary units and toll-free helpline-1962 at a cost of Rs 201 crore under 'Animal Health and Disease Control Scheme' from Lucknow.
- In the flag off program of Veterinary Unit, Union Minister Parshottam Rupala said that the Central Government has started Mobile Veterinary Unit for animals at the expense of Government of India and facility like ambulance has been made available for helpless animals by dialing 108. Just as 108 is on everyone's lips for the facility of an ambulance for human diseases, in the same way now 1962 helpline has been started to provide facilities like ambulance to all the animals.
- The Union Minister said that India ranks No. 1 in milk production in the world and Uttar Pradesh ranks No. 1 in India. The reason why India is at the forefront of the world is because of Uttar Pradesh being at the top position in India.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that mobile veterinary units were made available by the Government of India for the protection and promotion of about 6 crore livestocks and more than 6,600 cow shelters have been established in the state for the protection of destitute cattle.
- Now mobile veterinary vans will be operated through Integrated Command and Control Center in 05 zones of the state.
- It is known that there are a total of 12 lakh destitute cattle in the state, out of which the Uttar Pradesh government alone is taking the responsibility of protecting 11 lakh cattle.