Switch To Hindi
Five Laboratories Set up for Quality Testing of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals'
- 23 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, 5 Quality Testing Laboratories have been set up in the state to ensure the quality of products to be produced under the 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' brand.
- It may be mentioned that it was launched at a recent event organized by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. The operation of these laboratories will be carried out by the Chhattisgarh State Small Forest Produce Association.
- At the forest circle level, these laboratories set up at Raipur, Ambikapur, Jagdalpur, Kanker and Bilaspur will primarily issue quality certificates of the products after testing. This will further boost the sale of Chhattisgarh herbals products in the country and outside the country.
- As per the protocol laid down in the laboratory, 65 minor forest produce and 59 medicinal, 46 food, 7 cosmetic and 22 other products will be tested. These will test the products of all district unions and Van-Dhan Development Centres falling under the respective circle.
- It is worth mentioning that 8,011 self-help group members are working in the processing of minor forest produce in the state. For marketing of the products produced by them, it is necessary that their quality and components are tested in recognized laboratories from time to time.
- Keeping in view that there were not enough laboratories in Chhattisgarh for testing of minor forest produce, herbal products and herbal medicines, these laboratories have been set up.