Switch To Hindi
First-time Export of Mangoes, Honey, Rajma from Uttarakhand
- 06 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On August 5, 2022, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami flagged off vehicles loaded with local mango, honey and rajma being sent for the first time for export to the international market through APEDA from the Chief Minister's Camp Office.
- A consignment of 1.5 tonnes of mango, 28 tonnes of kidney beans and 80 tonnes of honey produced in the state through Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was sent for the international market.
- For the first time from the state, high quality fruits of chaunsa and lame varieties of mango produced by the cultivators of the state are being exported to Dubai.
- High quality honey produced by farmer producer organizations is being exported to the United States of America. Promoting the export of kidney beans, high quality kidney beans produced by the farmers of the state are also being exported to the United States.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister expressed hope that in the coming times there would be a qualitative increase in the international market of local products of Uttarakhand. He said that special attention is being paid to branding, packaging and marketing of the products to provide good market to the producers.
- Dhami said that in order to increase the livelihood of the farmers in the state and to make all the arrangements more effective, an agricultural calendar has also been prepared. Kisan Protsahan Yojana will soon be brought in the state.