'Education in Angana' Program Received SKOCH Award for the Year 2022
- 14 Mar 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- On March 13, 2023, Chhattisgarh School Education Department has once again 2022 for its outstanding work done in under the 'Angana Ma Shiksha' program run by Samagra the year 2022 received SCOTCH Award Shiksha in the state.
- This entire program of 'Angana Ma Shiksha' is being conducted by a group of women teachers from Chhattisgarh. This year will be the third year of the programme and every year some new designs are incorporated by women leadership.
- The SCOTCH Award is the country's highest civilian honour given by an independent organisation, which recognizes people, projects and institutions who make extra efforts to make India a better nation.
- This award was instituted in the year 2003. This award is given for best efforts in the field of digital, financial and social inclusion.
- It is known that at the time of Corona, when the entire staff of the School Education Department was constantly trying to continue the education of the children and by encouraging the teachers for this work, efforts are being made to continue the education of the children in new ways. At the same time some women teachers of the state proposed their contribution in this state-wide program 'Padhai Tunhar Duar'. He trained the mothers and started the effort to teach the children while staying at home through them in the form of 'Angana Ma Shiksha'.
- Through the 'Angana Ma Shiksha' programme, it was successful in awakening the interest of the mothers towards the education of their children. Mothers and small children should be taught by organizing fairs in every village, by inviting mothers and children to the fair, using materials available at home like utensils, vegetables, fruits, clothes, etc. Work was done on this.
- In this program, mothers doing better work at the village level were selected and honored as smart mothers.
- Smart Mothers also used to help other mothers in this program and help in learning, as well as from time to time, they used to go to kindergartens and primary schools to help in the education of children and to get information about the learning work of their children from teachers. Through this program, mothers have been successful in developing a culture of teaching children at home.
- What the children learned was made to be made to ensure that the mothers gave it to their children's teachers by designing a support card instead of a report card. An attempt was made to show the status of the mothers in different competencies of the children using simple symbols in very easy ways.
- Arrangements were made by the groups of teachers to monitor the entire program through core groups at the cluster, development block, district and state level.