E-Crop Compensation Portal
- 27 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 26, 2022, following the Haryana government's special girdawari order, the revenue department launched the e-crop compensation portal link to know the crop loss due to unseasonal rains.
- On the 'Meri Fasal Mera Byora' portal in the state, farmers can link their mobile numbers and family ID cards and upload information and photos of the damaged crop within 72 hours of crop failure.
- On the portal, farmers will have to give complete information about the crop including the measles number of the land, whether there is crop insurance cover or not and how many acres the percentage of the crop is damaged. This will not include farmers covered under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Chief Minister Horticulture Insurance Scheme and Seed Development Corporation programme.
- Patwaris will have to physically check the report of damage on the portal in the next one week and then submit the report to the government.
- In this regard, instructions have been issued by issuing letters to all DCs on behalf of the Financial Commissioner and Additional Chief Secretary, Revenue Disaster Management, Haryana.
- The Additional Chief Secretary has instructed that all the complaints coming on the portal should be physically checked by Patwaris and Kanungo in the field. The patwaris will have to check the defect information and photograph given by the farmers. Patwaris will have to submit their report in the next seven days. After this, the government will compensate the affected farmers according to the rules of crop failure.