Draft to Include Two Districts of Uttar Pradesh in Delhi NCR
- 01 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- A draft has been prepared by the Government of Uttar Pradesh for the inclusion of Shamli and Muzaffarnagar districts in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- The draft was announced in the 40th meeting of the National Capital Region Planning Board.
- The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India.
- Along with this, Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority was also declared as a metro centre.
- During the meeting, a Combined Reciprocal Common Transport Agreement was also signed for better transport connectivity between Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan comprising the National Capital Region.
- With this, the movement of these states in the NCR region will be possible without any hindrance.