Draft for NEP in State Universities
- 19 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, on the basis of the draft given by the Jharkhand State Government to implement the NEP on behalf of the UGC, a draft has been prepared to implement the New Education Policy-2022 (NEP) from this academic session in all the seven universities of the state.
- According to this, the graduation will now be four years. It will also be mandatory to read a vocational subject. Apart from this, two new compulsory subjects have been included in the core.
- The draft is to be submitted to the Department of Higher and Technical Education. After getting the approval, all the universities will prepare the syllabus and carry out subject mapping, after which it will be put on the Chancellor's portal.
- It may be recalled that a committee was constituted by the Department of Higher Technical Education and Skill Development to implement NEP-2022 in the universities of the state, which met from July 2 to 14.
- The four-year undergraduate course under the format will be of 160 credits, 20 credits per semester. It will be mandatory to study one subject of vocational and two new subjects of core for three semesters. After this, the subject in which the performance will be good, the student will be able to pursue further studies in that subject.
- The subjects have been made multidisciplinary. The two new subjects that are going to be added to the core include Understanding India and Mathematical Analysis and Computational Thinking.
- Among the vocational subjects, BBA, BCA, Health & Hygiene and Yoga Wellness have been included as compulsory subjects. One of these subjects will have to be studied.