Switch To Hindi
Door-to-Door Parcel Product Scheme
- 02 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- In a meeting of officials and businessmen of the Indian Railways and Postal Department (Bihar Circle) held in Patna, the capital of Bihar, on January 1, 2023, it was told that now businessmen of Patna will not have to travel to the railway station to send and receive their parcel (luggage) by train to any corner of the country. For this, the Department of Posts and Indian Railways are jointly starting door-to-door parcel product scheme.
- According to information received from officials, the door-to-door parcel product scheme will start in the second week of January on the Patna-Howrah and Patna-Pune routes under a pilot project. Under this, now the postman will deliver the parcel to the address given on it or will also go to take it.
- Under this scheme, the parcel will be delivered safely without wear and tear. For this, the Department of Posts has entered into an agreement with Bajaj Allianz Insurance Company, under which insurance can be done by paying 0.30 percent of the total cost of the parcel and GST premium.
- Under this, 100 percent insurance benefits will be given to businessmen. Apart from this, the parcel of the traders will reach the booking place between 24 and 36 hours. Under this scheme, parcels ranging from 35 to 100 kg will be booked.
- According to the information received from sources, a number will also be issued for the use of this facility. Apart from this, parcel booking and tracking facility will also be provided through app and website.
- Under the Joint Parcel Product System, parcels will be picked up from the homes of traders. After booking, it will be transported by railway and then transported to the designated address. The postal department will do the work of lifting and booking the parcel from the businessmen's house. Then the parcel will be delivered to the railway station near the designated address. After this, the postal worker will pick up the parcel from the local railway station and deliver the parcel to the booked address.