'Door-to-Door Drug Scheme'
- 26 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 25, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal to extend the 'Ghar-Ghar Aushadhi Yojana' to a new form. This will lead to intensive tree plantation drives across the state under the concept of 'Green Rajasthan- Swasth Rajasthan'.
- In the tree plantation programme, 5 crore saplings will be prepared for the year 2022-23 at a cost of Rs.42 crore. Out of these , provision has been made to provide 3 crore saplings to the public as per the demand.
- The saplings will be distributed to the people of the state at the rate fixed by the government on the basis of Janadhar card. The saplings will be available to the public from government nurseries and in case of distance problems, distribution can also be done from other places.
- One crore saplings prepared for transit/oran/pasture will be provided to 10,000 Gram Panchayats of the State for plantation at community level.
- Each Gram Panchayat will provide one thousand saplings every year in the area. Similarly, about one crore saplings will be planted every year in 200 large urban areas.
- Under the new scheme, 5 crore saplings will be prepared for the year 2023-24 at a cost of Rs.42 crore and an additional budget of Rs.21 crore will be provided for the plants planted in 2022-23 . Thus, the total expenditure in this scheme will be Rs.105 crores.