Darshan Lal Jain State Environment Protection Award
- 20 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- The Department of Environment and Climate Change, Haryana has invited nominations for the Darshan Lal Jain State Environment Protection Award for the remarkable work done for environment protection on May 19, 2022.
- Organizations/institutions, government departments, individuals, NGOs, schools, colleges and private institutions who have done exemplary work in environment protection will be eligible for these awards.
- After the nomination, two awards will be given to those selected by the Screening Committee and they will be given a citation and a prize money of Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 1 lakh.
- The awards will be distributed to selected candidates at the World Environment Day celebrations on June 5, 2022.
- It may be recalled that Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched a new award in the name of Shri Darshan Lal Jain, a renowned social worker from Haryana for his remarkable efforts to create awareness among the general public in various areas of environment protection and promotion, such as pollution control (water and air), conservation of natural resources, management of various types of waste and environmental issues during the Haryana Assembly session in March 2022.