CSI SIG e-Governance Award
- 25 Apr 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
The School Education Department of Chhattisgarh was awarded the CSI-SIG e-Governance Award 2021 at the 19th CSI-SIG Award ceremony held at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Prayagraj on 23rd April, 2022.
- This award has been given to the state of Chhattisgarh in the recognition category for tele-practices implemented to make assessment and practice work easier for school children.
- It is noteworthy that the Department of School Education in collaboration with the National Informatics Center (NIC) is implementing a program called Tele-practices to simplify the assessment and practice of children and to remove the commonly occurring discrepancies in the assessment procedures.
- In this, teachers and students have to work in a group in Telegram. Questions come and go in front of the children, which children have to answer without wasting time. Each child's e-answer automatically generates a separate video. After watching these videos teachers can assess the children.
- Tele-practices program is being fully utilized by the School Education Department in Chhattisgarh in collaboration with NIC Chhattisgarh. The questions used in this are also prepared by the teachers here.
- Various organizations have observed tele-practices prevalent in the state and found them useful for easing the work of children's practice and teachers' assessment.
- It may be mentioned that the CSI SIG e-Governance Award is a prestigious national level award given by the Computer Society of India to recognize the best innovations in e-Governance.