Country's First Floating Swimming Pool to Come Up at Khirkiya (Namo) Ghat
- 21 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, Varanasi's Divisional Commissioner Deepak Agarwal said that work is being done on a plan to build a floating swimming pool between the waves of the Ganges on behalf of Smart City at Khirkiya Ghat.
- Keeping in view the importance of bathing in the Ganges on the ghats of Varanasi, Smart City will prepare this pool at Khirkiya (Namo) Ghat after monsoon.
- Here, separate pools for female and male devotees as well as changing rooms will also be built.
- If the use of these pools and changing rooms built on the waves of the Ganges is successful at the Khirkiya Ghat, then it will also be prepared on other ghats of Kashi, for which other ghats including Lalita, Dashashwamedh, Asi, Panchganga, Tulsi Ghat will be used. The study is being done for the construction of such type of pool.
- It is noteworthy that Khirkiya Ghat is being developed with modern facilities from Smart City with an investment of Rs 34 crore.