Country's First Night Safari to Begin in Lucknow
- 19 Aug 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On August 16, 2022, the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the proposal of the Uttar Pradesh Tourism Department to start the country's first night safari in the capital Lucknow.
- Tourism and Culture Minister Jaiveer Singh said that on the lines of Singapore's world's first night safari, this night safari in Lucknow will be developed on 350 acres in Kukrail forest area spread over an area of 2027.46 hectare and a zoological park will be built in 150 acres.
- Here separate safaris will be made for Tiger, Leopard and Bear. Lucknow's historic Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden will be shifted from the present place to Night Safari. Kukrail river will be developed as a beautiful riverfront. Toy train will also be run in Night Safari.
- This will be the first night safari in the country. At present there are 13 open day safaris in the country, but not a single night safaris.
- The entrance of Night Safari will be grand and attractive. Interpretation center, Butterfly Interpretation Center will also be built here. Apart from this, there are plans to make Leopard Safari in 75 acres, Bear Safari in 60 acres and Tiger Safari in 75 acres.
- Wild animals will be kept in the kettle grid in the open sky instead of in the enclosure. There will be an open air nocturnal zoo, which will be open only at night. In the safari at night, arrangements will be made for the animals in dim light like the light of the moon. A modern theme park will be built for the tourists during the day.
- Under world-class facilities, night safari will also include train rides and jeep rides with local guides. Apart from this, facilities like canopy walk, camping activity, mountain bike track, wall climbing, tree top restaurant, nature trail and food court will be developed.