Compressed Biogas and Biodiesel Plant will be Built in the State
- 20 Oct 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On October 19, 2023, the state level committee of Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) approved 12 proposals worth Rs 550 crore for setting up production plants of compressed biogas and biodiesel.
- In the meeting of the state level committee held under the chairmanship of Additional Chief Secretary Energy and Additional Energy Sources Mahesh Kumar Gupta at UPNEDA headquarters, the proposals for completing land bank loan and other necessary formalities were approved.
- From the approved 12 projects, 93 tonnes of CBG and 44 kilo liters of biodiesel will be produced daily in the state.
- It is noteworthy that 13 projects have already been approved by the state government, on which necessary construction work has started. Thus, there will be an investment of Rs 1271 crore from the total 25 proposals approved so far.
- UPNEDA Director Anupam Shukla said that UPNEDA has so far received investment proposals worth about Rs 7 lakh crore in the new and renewable energy sector. Out of this, investment proposals worth about Rs 57 thousand crore are in the bio energy sector under Uttar Pradesh State Bio Energy Policy-2022.
- For the establishment of compressed biogas, biodiesel and bio coal plants, 354 investors have submitted their proposals to UPNEDA for approval of their projects, out of which 80 projects have been given in-principle approval from the UPNEDA level.
- The 12 projects of investors which have been approved by the committee are-
- To Carbon Circle Private Limited in Bareilly for compressed biogas.
- To Anand Mangal Infra Developers Private Limited in Meerut.
- To Ecotaras Sustainable Solution Private Limited in Sitapur.
- To Biospark Energy Private Limited in Muzaffarnagar.
- Panchavati Food in Rae Bareli.
- To Adani Total Energy Biomass Private Limited in Mathura.
- To M/s Resolution India Private Limited at Muzaffarnagar.
- To Organic Alternative Energy Limited in Moradabad.
- To BK Investment Service Private Limited in Saharanpur.
- To Shree Shatakshi Biotech Private Limited in Shamli.
- To Sisodia Research Laboratories Private Limited in Lucknow for biodiesel.
- Lucknow Mat Fusion Weld Pvt. Ltd.