Comprehensive Exploration Program for Mineral Exploration
- 23 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On November 22, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Mines, Petroleum and Water Supply, Rajasthan, Dr. Subodh Agarwal said that a comprehensive exploration program of mineral exploration will be carried out in Banswara-Nathdwara belt, Rajsamand belt, Barmer and Udaipur belt of the state with the financial support of Rajasthan State Mineral Exploration Trust (RSMET).
- Dr. Subodh Agarwal said that according to preliminary surveys, mineral gold (gold) reserves are possible in Banswara-Nathdwara belt of the state, mineral emerald in Rajsamand belt, mineral rare earth elements in Barmer belt and mineral phosphate reserves have been identified in Udaipur.
- He informed that it has been decided to conduct an extensive exploration program in these areas in collaboration with RSMET to assess the availability, quality etc. of mineral reserves in these areas so that blocks can be constructed and e-auctioned based on available reserves.
- He said that mineral exploration work will be speeded up in the state in a phased manner and according to the reports received, mineral blocks will be prepared and auctioned so that the exploration and mining work of mineral wealth available in the state can be speeded up. This will create a global identity with more investment in the mineral sector, more employment opportunities and more revenue in the state.
- Director Mines Sandesh Nayak informed that the auction work of mineral blocks has picked up pace in the state. Recently, e-auction of two limestone blocks in Nagaur and Jaisalmer has been done in the area of Major Minerals.
- RSMET Chief Executive Officer N.P Singh said that the trust is helping in the availability of basic facilities in the state. Apart from this, along with expediting the drilling work, efforts are being made to get the samples tested on time.