Committees To Be Formed at Panchayat and Block Level For The Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympics
- 19 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On August 18, 2022, Naveen Jain, Secretary, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Rajasthan, issued instrutions to the Chief Executive Officers and Development Officers of all the districts for the formation of committees at the gram panchayat and block level regarding the preparations for organizing the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympics-2022.
- Gram Panchayat level competitions for Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympics-2022 will be held from 29 August to 1 September. The winning teams at the gram panchayat level will participate in the competitions organized at the block level from September 12.
- Committee at the Gram Panchayat level - The convenor of the committee will be the Sarpanch of the Gram Panchayat. The principal, village secretary, patwari and physical teacher of government schools will be the members of the committee.
- Committee at Block Level - The Convenor of Block Level Committee will be the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Panchayat Samiti and the Block Development Officer will be the Member Secretary. In this, the head of the Block Panchayat Samiti, the Chief Block Education Officer, the representative of the Medical and Health Department and the District Sports Officer and the State Physical Teacher will be members.
- It is worth mentioning that for the first time Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympic Games will be organized in the state. In this event starting from August 29, the sports talents of village-Dhani will get a state level platform and the state will get players for the future.
- 30 lakh villagers have registered for these games. Sports like Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Tennisball Cricket, Volleyball, Hockey and Shooting will be played in this. After the districts, the state level games between the winning teams will be held at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur.