Churu's Ritu Kumari won Bronze Medal in the 66th National School Games
- 10 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 8 June 2023, Ritu Kumari of Churu district of Rajasthan won a bronze medal in the shot put event in the 66th National School Games being held in Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh.
- Ritu Kumari won the bronze medal among 117 players from 19 states and union territories in the shot put event by throwing 13.28 meters
- Apart from this, five boxers from Jodhpur and Udaipur districts entered the semi-finals in different weight categories and raised hopes of more medals for the state.
- It is known that the players of the state have so far won two gold, two silver and one bronze medals in these games.
- It is worth mentioning that in the 66th National School Games, the players of the state are participating in individual and team events under the banner of the School Education Department of Rajasthan in various sports events being organized in Bhopal, Gwalior and New Delhi.
- In the ongoing boxing matches in Bhopal itself, in the 45-48 kg weight category for girls, Jaipur's Yamini Kanwar (Raja Ramdevi Poddar Government Higher Secondary School, Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur), in the 52-56 kg weight category for boys, Amil Ali (Udaipur) Government Fateh Higher Secondary School, Udaipur), Sankalp Lavania (Shri KK Modern Higher Secondary School, Jodhpur) of Jodhpur in 60-64 kg category, Hrithik Siwach of Jodhpur (Vandana Public Academy, Pratap Nagar, Jodhpur) in 64-69 kg category ) and Jodhpur's own Aman Ghitela (New Central Academy, Jodhpur) in the 69-75 kg category by entering the semi-finals raised the possibilities of medals for the state.