Chief Minister's Announcement on Sports Day
- 30 Aug 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of National Sports Day on August 29, 2021, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami made various announcements for the development of sports and sportspersons in the state.
Why in News
- The Chief Minister announced that every year 50 girls and boys in the age group of 8 to 14 years would be selected on the basis of their ability and they would be provided Mukhyamantri Khiladi Utthan Scholarship every year. Also, the daily allowance of the players will be fixed at Rs 225.
- He said that a women’s sports college will be established in Udham Singh Nagar district while those who participate in the national games will be provided free travel facility in Uttarakhand State Transport Corporation buses. Further, a five percent sports quota will be provided in colleges and vocational courses.
- Sportspersons who win medals in National Games will also be provided government jobs provided to medal winners in Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and Olympics.
- Along with this, Dhami announced that a Sports Science Center would be set up in the State Sports Development Institute to focus on the scientific and psychological aspects of sportspersons' performance and efforts would also be made to make Maharana Pratap Sports College, Dehradun, a sports university.