Chief Minister transfers 57th Installment online to the account of beneficiaries of Godhan Nyay Yojana
- 09 Dec 2022
- 5 min read
Why In News?
On December 8, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel made an online payment of Rs 7.83 crore as the 57th installment of the scheme to the beneficiaries of Godhan Nyay Yojana in a virtual program held at his residence office.
- Under this, from November 16 to November 30, an amount of Rs 4.62 crore was transferred online to their accounts in lieu of cow dung purchased from cattle rearing villagers, farmers and landless in Gouthan's. Similarly, a dividend amount of Rs 1.28 crore was transferred to Gauthan committees and Rs 1.93 crore to the account of women's groups.
- Out of Rs 4.62 crore paid to cow dung vendors, Rs 2.88 crore has been paid by 4270 self-supporting Gouthan's and Rs 1.74 crore has been paid by the Agriculture Department.
- In the last fortnight, the self-supporting Gouthan's of the state have paid more amount than the Agriculture Department for the purchase of cow dung. So far cow dung has been procured by the self-supporting Gouthan's from their own resources with an amount of Rs 29.61 crore.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel said that buying cow dung from their own deposits by Gouthan's is a big success of Godhan Nyay Yojana. More than half of the Gouthan's in rural areas of the state are procuring cow dung from their own resources. The state government does not need to give money to these Gouthan's to buy cow dung.
- The Chief Minister said that the youth and women of the state will play an important role in 'Garhbo Nava Chhattisgarh'. Youth and women are being involved in the activities of rural industrial parks being developed in Gauthans. This will provide good sources of employment and income to the youth and women.
- The Chief Minister said that farmers are doing paradan themselves in Gouthan's. Farmers should be encouraged more for paradan. When there will be fodder and water for the animals in the Gouthan's, the animals will live in Gouthan's instead of fields and roads. He directed the officers to make efforts to provide baler machines for making para bundles in more and more Gouthan's of the state.
- The Chief Minister said that in rural industrial parks, such products should be prepared on priority basis, which are needed by the government or which have good demand in the market. He said that training should be given to youth and women to prepare good products.
- Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey said that 11 thousand 252 Gouthan's have been approved in the state, out of which 9 thousand 619 Gouthan's have been constructed, out of which 8440 Gouthan's have been constructed in rural areas. Out of these Gouthan's, 4270 Gouthan's have become self-sufficient.
- The work of cow dung purchase, production and distribution of vermicompost is being done in coordination with various departments. In the coming time, the production of vermicompost will become a big campaign in Chhattisgarh. He said that more will be increased by connecting the youth with the activities of RIPA.
- Managing Director of Godhan Nyay Mission Ayaz Tamboli said that since the launch of the Godhan Nyay Yojana, an amount of Rs 188.45 crore has been paid to Gouthan societies and women self-help groups as dividend amount and Rs 170.05 crore has been paid to Gouthan societies and women self-help groups.
- He informed that so far 19.82 lakh quintals of vermicompost has been produced in Gouthan's. Out of this , 16.24 lakh quintals of vermicompost has been sold. So far , 2.25 lakh quintals of para has been found in Gouthan's.