The Chief Minister Made Several Announcements at the Birth Anniversary Celebrations of Deenbandhu Chhoturam.
- 27 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On January 25, 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal made several announcements at the birth anniversary celebrations of farmers' messiah Deenbandhu Sir Chhoturam organized at Jat Dharamshala in Kusrukshetra district of the state.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Manohar Lal announced to increase the rate of sugarcane 10 to Rs by Rs 372. He also announced to increase the salary of patwaris from Rs 25,000 to Rs 32,100.
- He said that due to the hailstorm, there has been a lot of damage to the mustard crop, in such a situation, the crop will be repaired, and compensation will be given to the farmers.
- The Chief Minister also announced a grant of Rs 51 lakh for Jat Dharamshala. The land for the hostel to be built by Jat Dharamshala will be arranged through Kurukshetra Development Board or Haryana Urban Development Authority.
- He said that the Haryana government is running Sant Mahapurush Prachar Prasar Yojana, under which birth anniversaries of saints and great men are officially celebrated.
- to fix the land having problem of water logging in 1.5 lakh acres of land Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal said that a budget of Rs. 1100 crore would be spent by next year of the state. This land will be made cultivable.
- The Chief Minister said that Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram, working on his ideals, competed with the British and made laws for the poor and farmers. He implemented a one-day holiday in markets, shops and factories. It was Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram who also pulled the debt-ridden farmers out of the clutches.