Chief Minister's Learn-Earn Scheme
- 05 Jul 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 4, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched 'Mukhyamantri Sikho-Kamao Yojana's by registering ITI passed Raj Kushwah on the portal of Swayam Yojana at Ravindra Bhawan, Bhopal.
- Permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh will be able to take advantage of the scheme. Youth in the age group of 18 to 29 years will be eligible under the Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao Yojana.
- Under this scheme, a sum of Rs 8,000 will be given to class 12th pass, Rs 8,500 to ITI pass, Rs 9,000 to diploma passer, Rs 10,000 to graduate or higher educated.
- To provide huge employment opportunities to the youth, 700 courses have been selected. It covers all types of industries, business establishments, service sectors, etc. On the portal, youth will be able to choose the activity according to their qualification and interest.
- Aadhaar e-KYC is required on Samagra portal. Mobile number and e-mail ID are required for registration and the bank account should be linked to Aadhaar and direct benefit transfer should be enabled.
- So far, 10 thousand 432 establishments have registered under this scheme and 34 thousand 785 vacancies have been identified. Along with the state, establishments outside the state are also being linked to the scheme.
- The 'Mukhyamantri Sikho-Kamao Yojana' has been designed keeping in mind the interests of business establishments and youth alike. This will provide an opportunity to the youth to learn work and ensure the availability of skilled manpower to commercial establishments.