Chief Minister First Village Integrated Development Scheme
- 18 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On November 17, 2022, during the review of the Panchayati Raj Department at the Secretariat of Uttarakhand, the Chief Minister of the state Pushkar Singh Dhami told that for the planned development of such villages of Uttarakhand, which are the first villages of India, Chief Minister First Village Integrated Development Scheme' will be started.
- It is noteworthy that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had called the villages located on the borders of the country the first village instead of the last village. These villages are also sentinels along with the first village in the country.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the first priority of the state is that these first villages of the country should have well-planned development. For cleanliness in villages, Chief Minister ‘Paryavaran Mitra' scheme will also be started, in which one Paryavaran Mitra (cleaner) will be deployed in every village and Chief Minister ‘Chaupal' will be started for planned development of gram panchayats.
- The Chief Minister told that some days in these villages are of special importance on religious, cultural and historical grounds and programs should be organized with enthusiasm by marking these special days in the villages. The foundation day of the Gram Sabha will be celebrated as a festival. In this, the migrant people living outside those villages should be specially motivated to participate.
- He told that a Chaupal should be set up for well-planned development of gram panchayats. Gram Sabha wise roster should also be prepared for this. Giving top priority to the suggestions given by the local villagers in these Chaupal's, an action plan should be prepared for the development of the villages.
- He told that real India lives in villages. Special attention should be paid to the development of villages for the overall development of the state and a cabinet meeting should also be organized in a village for the development of villages, in which there are proposals related to the development of villages.