Chief Minister Dhami Allocated the Ministries, Kept 24 Departments with Him
- 30 Mar 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On March 29, 2022, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami divided the ministries. Dhami has 21 ministries and 24 departments with him. He had 12 ministries in the last term.
- According to the list, the Chief Minister has 21 ministries with him including Excise, Energy, Drinking Water, Labour, Home, Revenue, Personnel, State Property, Planning, Information, Justice, Disaster Management, Civil Aviation. He will look after a total of 24 departments.
- Keeping the Public Works Department, Irrigation, Tourism, Endowment, Culture, Watershed Management intact, new ministries of Panchayati Raj and Rural Works have been given to senior cabinet minister Satpal Maharaj.
- Cabinet Minister Dr. Dhansingh Rawat has got the charge of the Ministry of Primary, Secondary and Higher Education, Medical Health and Medical Education, Cooperation and Sanskrit Education.
- Premchand Agrawal, who was included in the cabinet, has got the charge of Finance, Urban Development and Housing, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs, Reorganization and Census Ministry.
- Subodh Uniyal will no longer have the Agriculture and Horticulture Ministry, this time he has got the charge of Forest, Language, Election and Technical Education.
- Cabinet Minister Ganesh Joshi has been given the charge of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Sainik Welfare and Rural Development Ministry.
- Cabinet Minister Rekha Arya will look after the Ministry of Sports and Youth Welfare and Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs besides women empowerment and child development.
- Cabinet Minister Chandan Ramdas, who joined the cabinet for the first time, has been given the Ministries of Social Welfare, Transport and Small and Micro Medium Enterprises.
- New and young cabinet minister Saurabh Bahuguna has been given the departments of Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries, Sugarcane Development and Sugar Industry, Protocol and Skill Development and Employment.