Chief Minister Bal Gopal Yojana
- 24 Jun 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On June 23, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary of education department Pawan Kumar Goel informed that on the initiative of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, children of classes 1 to 8 in the state will be provided milk two days a week under the 'Mukhyamantri Bal Gopal Yojana'.
- Under the scheme, about 69 lakh 21 thousand children studying in government schools will be provided with powdered milk two days a week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Milk will be made available on the next academic day when these days are holidays. 150ml of milk will be distributed to children of classes 1 to 5 and 200ml to children of classes six to eight.
- It is worth mentioning that this scheme was announced in the state budget for the financial year 2022-23. With the implementation of this scheme, the nutrition level of the children of classes 1 to 8 will improve and the enrolment and attendance in government schools will increase and the dropout of students will also be stopped.
- For this, powder milk will be procured from Rajasthan Co-operative Dairy Federation and district wise allocation of powder milk will be done through Mid-Day Meal Commissionerate. Door step delivery of powdered milk will be done to the schools as per the allocation by RCDF itself.