Chief Minister Announced to Make Gaurav Gaur-Lata a Tourist Destination
- 17 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On January 16, 2023, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the development of Gaur-Lata, the highest peak located at the northern end of Balrampur district of the state, as a tourist destination.
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel said that Gaur-Lata is an incredible place in terms of tourism. Continuous efforts were being made by the district administration to promote tourism at the local level.
- It is known that 1225 meters high Gaur-Lata is the highest peak of Chhattisgarh and according to the geographical structure, it belongs to Pat Pradesh. This peak shows the amazing beauty of the large forest area located on the border of Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
- There are also many caves and natural water bodies on this hill. At present, this place is the first choice for tourism of the local people, but now with the declaration of tourist destination area, this area will emerge better.
- The hill of Gaur-Lata, the highest peak of Chhattisgarh, is currently also famous for trekking for local mountaineers. Here, often administrative teams and local groups climb Gaur-Lata with the message of developing the area. However, due to difficult routes, tourists still stay away from here. Efforts have already been made by Balrampur district administration and local public representatives to ease this difficulty.
- After the announcement of the Chief Minister, Gaur-Lata will now be able to develop as the pride of Balrampur, which will provide new employment opportunities to the local people as well as tourists will also get the love of nature.