Chhattisgarh Student Master Aditya Pratap Singh Honored with 'National Bal Shakti Puraskar'
- 25 Jan 2023
- 1 min read
Why In News?
On January 23, 2023, President Mrs. Draupadi Murmu presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar, 2023 to 11 children, including Chhattisgarh student Master Aditya Pratap Singh Chauhan, at an award ceremony held in New Delhi.
- Aditya Pratap Singh Chauhan, a resident of capital Raipur, has been given this award for innovation. Aditya has designed a device called Microma, which can detect and filter bacteria, micro caustics from water.
- It is notable that the Government of India confers the Prime Minister's National Child Award to children in the age group of 5 to 18 years for their extraordinary achievements in six categories of innovation, social service, academic, sports, art and culture and bravery.
- Each awardee is given a medallion, a cash prize of one lakh rupees and a certificate.
- This year, the awards were presented in the categories of art and culture, bravery, innovation, social service and sports.
- Eleven children from across the country were selected for PMRBP-2023 under different categories of Bal Shakti Puraskar. The awardees include 6 boys and 5 girls from 11 states and union territories.