‘Chanderi Mahotsav’ starts from 5th October
- 20 Sep 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 19, 2023, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture and Managing Director M.P. Tourism Board Shivshekhar Shukla said that the formal inauguration ceremony of 'Chanderi Mahotsav' will be held on October 05 in Chanderi, a famous tourist destination of Ashok Nagar district.
- Shivshekhar Shukla said that Chanderi Mahotsav is being organized with the aim of promoting the rich art and culture of the state, creating employment opportunities at the local level and ensuring participation of the local community in development-oriented activities.
- The first edition of the festival, organized in collaboration with Sunset Desert Camp, will feature folk art and cultural programs along with live musical performances by renowned artists, DJ nights and thrilling adventure activities. Tourists will get the experience of luxury glamping amidst natural beauty.
- The Chanderi Mahotsav, being organized in collaboration with the Ashoknagar District Administration, will showcase the rich heritage and excellent handloom traditions of the region.
- The formal inauguration ceremony of Chanderi Mahotsav will be held on 05 October at Chanderi Fort. There will be special events for the first five days, in which travel agents, tour operators, hoteliers and other stakeholders associated with the tourism sector from across the country will be invited.
- Tourists reaching Chanderi will be able to enjoy adventure activities, in the evening there will be Maha Aarti at Laxman Temple. There will also be cultural and employment-oriented workshops in the festival.
- Activities like DJ nights and lights and sound shows, hot air balloon glow shows, vintage car rallies and photography workshops will be organized. Tourists coming to tent city have to travel 4 km from Chanderi. A local tour of 'Textile and Craft Tourism Village' Pranpur will also be conducted.
- People will be able to see sarees being made in Chanderi, there will be yoga and meditation sessions. Besides, various events like cricket and volleyball tournaments will also be held in the fairgrounds.
- Cultural programs to entertain the guests, Art Exhibition, Light and Sound Show, Hot Air Balloon Glow Show, DJ Night, Live Band and Music Concert, Yoga and Meditation, Vintage Car Rally, Pranpur Village Tour, Workshop on Bhil Art, Photography Workshop. There will be activities like boating, story-telling session, Maha Aarti, adventure, rural and agri tourism workshop, monument visit, fashion show, Raja Rani Mahal, Kavi Sammelan, workshop on local cuisine.