Bisalpur Prithviraj Nagar Drinking Water Project Phase-I
- 20 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 19, 2023, Rajasthan's Public Health Engineering Minister Dr. Mahesh Joshi inaugurated the Rangoli Garden area drinking water distribution part under Bisalpur Prithviraj Nagar Drinking Water Project Phase-I.
- On this occasion, the Public Health Engineering Minister also started the supply of drinking water to 53 colonies of Rangoli Garden distribution area by running water from the pump house.
- With the completion of the first phase of the project by December 1100 colonies of Prithviraj Nagar will start getting water from Bisalpur.
- Bisalpur Prithviraj Nagar Drinking Water Project Phase-II costing Rs 747 crore will also provide water from Bisalpur to about 2200 colonies in and around Prithviraj Nagar.
- Under Phase-I of the project, 44 km (about 27.34 mi) from Balawala to Lohamandi at a cost of Rs 563.93 crore. Long transmission main line, 51 km. Rising Main Line, about 970 km (about 602.73 mi). Distribution main line as well as 9 clean reservoirs with pump houses and 19 high reservoir works are included.
- With the arrival of water from Bisalpur, the dependence of the people of Prithviraj Nagar on tankers will reduce and the ground water level here will also improve.
- PHED (Urban) Chief Engineer K.D. Gupta said that 85 percent of the work of the first phase of the project has been completed in which 15 high reservoirs and 7 clean reservoirs along with 95 percent laying of pipelines have been done.