Switch To Hindi
Bihar will Soon be Linked to TAF-COP Portal
- 06 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On January 5, 2023, Senior Deputy Director General of The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) of Bihar, Girjesh Kumar Mishra, said that Bihar will be connected to TAF-COP (Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection) portal as soon as possible, so that mobile users of the state will be able to find out how many mobile SIM connections are active in your name and how many of them were taken on fake IDs and when. is being used.
- Girjesh Kumar Mishra said that there are reports of the use of fake SIMs in cyber-crime and anti-national activities, especially in the border areas of Nepal, Raxaul, Purnea, Katihar, Kishanganj, Sitamarhi etc.
- He said that TAF-COP (Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection) portal has been specially linked to the North East State.
- The TAF-COP portal was launched in Andhra Pradesh in 2020. So far, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Rajasthan, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Jammu and Kashmir and Tripura have been connected to TAF-COP.
- Senior Deputy Director General of DoT said that the data of the state where this portal has to be started is collected and tested. This process takes two to three months. It is being implemented by selecting one state each.
- He said that as soon as the Aadhaar number is entered on the portal, the mobile holder will know how many SIMs are active in his name. Through the portal, consumers can shut down the fraudulently operated SIM connection. For this, the company will have to make a request. After that, the case of the concerned consumer will be thoroughly investigated and if the case is found to be true, the fake connection will be closed.