Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority
- 20 Jul 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- In a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on July 19, 2022 it was decided to give a discount of 20 to 80 percent on the lease amount of land of Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA). This will boost industrial development in Bihar and increase investment.
- Additional Chief Secretary of Bihar Cabinet Department S. Siddhartha said after the meeting that BIADA gives land to entrepreneurs on lease for 90 years to set up industries. At present, the rate of land is on the basis of MVR.
- Now the state government will give a discount of 20 to 80 percent on land lease in 54 industrial areas of Bihar. The government's move will enable entrepreneurs to get land at a cheaper rate to set up industries. This will promote industrialization in the state and there will be economic development with the inflow of investment.
- At present, 74 industrial zones of BIADA are functioning in the State. 2900 acres of land of closed sugar mills has been transferred to BIADA for development as an industrial area.
- According to the information, the districts where Bida's land MVR has been given 80 percent discount are Gopalganj's Hathua Phase I and II, Siwan's New Siwan Phase I and II, Aurangabad, Rohtas's Bikramganj area, Buxar's Dumraon, Gaya. Guraru of the district, Jamalpur and Munger area of Munger district, Ramnagar of West Champaran, Jhanjharpur of Madhubani, Udakishunganj and Murliganj of Madhepura, Saharsa area of Saharsa district and Biharsharif area of Nalanda district are included.
- Similarly, the districts where the MVR of BIADA land has been relaxed by up to 60 percent include Bettiah in West Champaran, Dehri in Rohtas, Bihiya in Bhojpur, Jehanabad, Bihta, Siwan, Sakri in Madhubani district, Sitamarhi, Dharampur in Darbhanga, Katihar and Khagra area of Kishanganj.
- Apart from this, up to 40 percent discount will be available in Burari of Bhagalpur, Banmankhi of Purnia, Purnia City, Donar and Bela of Darbhanga, Raxaul of East Champaran, Hajipur of Vaishali, Barun and Aurangabad, Buxar and Lakhisarai.
- Maranga of Purnia, Forbesganj of Araria, Lohat Phase I, 2 and 3 of Madhubani, Sugauli, Muzaffarpur and Korra of East Champaran, Goraul Phase 1 and 2 of Vaishali, Hajipur, Fatuha of Patna District, Patliputra, Nawanagar of Buxar, of Nawada Warsliganj, Sitakund in Munger district and Khagaria Industrial Center in Khagaria district will get 20 percent discount.