Bihar Caste Based Survey Portal Launched
- 24 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
The Bihar caste-based survey portal was launched by Bihar Chief Secretary Amir Subhani on January 23, 2022. This portal will be useful for all types of digital management in ethnic survey work.
- The first phase of caste census in Bihar has been completed. All the data collected in the first phase will now be uploaded on this portal and these data will be available to the enumerators and observers at the time of second count on the mobile app. Based on this, the second phase will be calculated.
- In the first phase of caste census, about 2 crore 58 lakh 90 thousand 497 families across the state were reached by the counting staff and numbering houses.
- In the first phase, the name of the head of the family and the number of members living there were recorded. More than 5.18 lakh workers were engaged in the first phase of caste census that began on January 7.
- In the second phase, caste census will be conducted from April 1 to 30. In this phase, 26 types of information will be taken from people. The names of people living outside the state will also be recorded.
- Tola Sevak, Talimi Markaz, Mamta, Asha worker, Jeevika Didiyan, Teacher, Agriculture Coordinator, MNREGA worker, Rozgar Sevak and Vikas Mitra have been given the responsibility for caste enumeration.