Bhoomi Pujan of Science Center in Planetarium Complex in Ujjain
- 01 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
On 30 September 2021, the Governor of Karnataka, Thaawar Chand Gehlot performed the Bhumi Pujan of the Science Center at the Planetarium Complex in Ujjain and also released the brochure of the exhibition.
- This science center is being established under the scheme of National Council of Science Museums, Kolkata and the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. This center will be set up in an area of five acres at a cost of about Rs.16.70 crore.
- With the establishment of this center, people associated with education will be benefited and the interest of the public in science will increase. Students will be able to know about the unsolved mysteries of science. Modern equipment will be installed in the science center. It will also be developed as a major centre for time duration calculators in the future. The main features of this science center are as follows-
- It will be made an innovation hub and will have many hi-tech equipment and gadgets.
- Students will be able to research the tools in the Innovation Hub.
- Students will also be taught to test soil, water and food samples in the lab.
- A 3D studio will also be built in the science center for 14 crores, in which the most advanced equipment from the point of view of science will be installed.
- The state government will give Rs 8.65 crore for the establishment of this center and the remaining amount of Rs 6.55 crore will be given by the National Council of Science Museums, Kolkata and the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.