Bhamashah Samman Ceremony
- 12 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On September 11, 2023, Rajasthan Education Minister Dr. B.D. Kalla honored 142 Bhamashah at the 27th state level Bhamashah Samman Ceremony held at Birla Auditorium, Jaipur.
- On this occasion, the education minister said that the Education Department is using the donations received from Bhamashahs for the qualitative improvement and expansion of schools. Besides, many schemes like free education, mid-day meal, Bal Gopal Yojana, school dress scheme are also being run smoothly.
- He directed that having a representative of Bhamashahs in the Management and Development Committee of every school should be made mandatory.
- Because of the major schemes of the Education Department, the state is leading in the school education quality index and last year the Education Department set 6 world records in its name. Also, students of the state have been doing fine in the entire country in the Inspire Awards for three consecutive years.
- It is known that with the significant contribution of Bhamashah every year about Rs 400 crore is spent by the Education Department on the infrastructure of educational institutions.
- In the ceremony, the education minister honored 142 Bhamashah at the state level, out of which 34 Bhamashah were given Shiksha Vibhushan and 108 Bhamashah were given Shiksha Bhushan Award. Besides, the 'motivators' who inspired donors to contribute Rs 30 lakh or more were also honored.
- On this occasion, Naveen Jain, Government Secretary, Education Department, said that the department's innovation 'Mission Start' is an important step, in which e-content of every subject is being made available to the students through e-class. He called for the contribution of Bhamashah for this innovation.
- During the programme, the Appreciation Booklet and Gyan Sankalp Portal Souvenir 2023 were released by the education minister.
- It is noteworthy that the contribution and works done by Bhamashahs have been described in the appreciation book.