Asha and Saket won gold with a new record in the Sub Junior National Athletics Championship
- 13 Nov 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
In the 38th National Sub Junior Athletics Championship held in Coimbatore on November 10, 2023, Jharkhand's Asha Kiran Barla won the gold medal with a new national record and Saket Minj won the gold medal with a new record.
- In the National Sub Junior Athletics Championship, Asha Kiran Barla of Gumla, Jharkhand has won the gold medal with a new national record by completing the 800 meter race in 2:04:12 minutes. Asha has received the best athlete award in the under-20 category of this competition.
- At the same time, Saket Minj of Ranchi won the gold medal in 300 meters with a new record of 34.72 seconds.
- In this competition, athletes from Jharkhand have won four gold, four silver and three bronze medals.
- Savita Murmu of Jamtara won gold medal in Javelin Throw and Vishal Kumar of Ranchi SAI won gold medal in Boys Under-20 Triple Jump.
- Mamta Mary Murmu of East Singhbhum won the 60 meter event of Girls Under-14, 10 km. Roshan of Bokaro won silver medal in race walk, Himanshu of East Singhbhum in long jump and Anit Oraon of Gumla won silver medal in triathlon.
- Apart from these, Aneet Oraon won bronze medal in Under-14 60 meters, Preeti Lakra of Hazaribagh won bronze medal in triple jump and Anuj Bakhala of Gumla won bronze medal in 600 meters.
- Asha Kiran Barla also won a gold medal in the 37th National Junior Athletics Championship held in Guwahati, Assam in the year 2022. Asha Kiran Barla won a gold medal at the 21st National Federation Cup Junior Under-20 Athletics Championships held in Tiruvannamalai city of Tamil Nadu in April 2023 and a gold medal of 2.06.79 minutes in the 800 meters of the Asian Youth Under-18 Athletics Championships held in Kuwait in October 2022.