Arrangement of Free Dialysis for Kidney Patients
- 29 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to information received from the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on November 28, 2022, on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, free dialysis has been arranged in nine districts of the state for kidney patients.
- This service of the state government is being provided free of cost to sick patients of every class. So far, more than 13 thousand free dialysis sessions have been conducted in the state.
- National Health Mission Chhattisgarh is providing free dialysis facility in nine districts of the state Durg, Kanker, Korba, Bilaspur, Jashpur, Surguja, Mahasamund, Bijapur and Rajnandgaon. For this, five machines each have been installed in Jashpur, Durg and Kanker districts, four each in Ambikapur and Mahasamund, six in Korba, three in Bijapur and four in Bilaspur (three in SIMS Medical College and one in Bilaspur Covid Hospital).
- It is noteworthy that under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the Chhattisgarh government is running many schemes related to health facilities for the convenience of the public. Through these schemes, medicines and free better health facilities are being made available to the common man at a cheaper rate.
- Patients who have to undergo dialysis due to kidney disease have to spend one thousand rupees to 15 thousand rupees to get dialysis done once in private hospitals. Keeping this in mind, the Chief Minister has made arrangements for free dialysis in nine districts of the state for patients suffering from kidney disease.
- So far, 13 thousand 798 free dialysis sessions have been done in these nine district hospitals in the state. Of these, 4,885 sessions have been held in Durg district, 4,872 in Korba, 4,230 in Kanker, 3,504 in Bilaspur, 2,631 in Mahasamund, 1,390 in Surguja, 942 in Bijapur and more than 675 in Jashpur.