Approval for 7 Khelo India Center
- 05 Mar 2022
- 2 min read
why in the news
Recently, on the proposal of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, the Sports Authority of India has approved the establishment of seven Khelo India Centers under Khelo India Scheme in Chhattisgarh. These seven centers will be opened for one game each in different districts.
- Two centers each for Archery and Hockey, one each for Volleyball, Malkhamb and Football have been approved by the Sports Authority of India.
- The Sports Authority of India has given approval to start Archery Center at Shivtarai (Bilaspur) and Bijapur, Hockey Center at Rajnandgaon and Jashpur, Volleyball Center at Gariaband, Malkhamb Center in Narayanpur and Khelo India Center for football games at Surguja.
- In these centers, the players of Chhattisgarh of the respective sports will be selected and trained by national and international level coaches. The Sports Authority of India will also provide financial assistance for the establishment of these centers.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that sports training would be strengthened in the state and the players of the state would now get a better opportunity to hone their sports talent.
- He said that this has proved to be another meaningful step in realizing the vision of 'Khelbo Jeetbo Garbo Nava Chhattisgarh'.
- Local senior players of each sport will be attached to the center, they will also be given honorarium for working as coaches. Equal representation of boys and girls players will also be ensured in all Khelo India Centers. These centers will be registered in the portal of Sports Authority of India.